Share this recipe
- 1 cup of coriander leaves
- small bunch of spring onions (about 5-6 stalks)
- thumb sized knob of ginger, chopped
- ½ stalk of lemon grass, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- juice of 3 lemons/limes/seville oranges
- ¼ cup soy
- 4-5 cloves chopped garlic (about 1 heaped tablespoon)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon curry powder (or more to taste)
- 1 free range chicken approximately 1.6 kg
Put ingredients in a blender and blend to a paste. Taste and then adjust seasonings to your preference.
Marinate chicken in rub for at least 2-3 hours and barbecue “on a throne” until done.
How to Marinate Meat
Marinating meat does more than tenderise it, it adds another dimension of flavour to your food.
Spit roast tips: Basting
Basting your roast is a great technique to keep your meat nice and moist, and of course, it adds even more incredible flavour.