Share this recipe
As seen on Drive Thru Australia
Watch the recipe video (above right).
- 500gm lean lamb mince
- 1 large red onion grated or finely chopped
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons sweet marjoram, chopped
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 8 whole meal flat breads
- 1 tub of hummus (store bought)
- 1 recipe of Tzatziki (as below)
- 1 recipe of Quinoa Tabouli (as below)
- 1 recipe of Harissa (as below)
- 250gm unsweetened Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup of chopped cucumber
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander or mint
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients together and season to taste. Refrigerate until required.
- 2 cups black Quinoa
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup curly parsley, Washed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, Washed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup of basil leaves, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 ripe vine tomatoes, chopped
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
Wash and boil the Quinoa until soft, drain and refresh under cold water, then allow to drain well.
Mix the garlic, parsley, basil in bowl, and then add the chopped tomatoes.
Add the drained Quinoa and lemon juice, and combine. Season with salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 5 long red chillies, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Place the cumin seeds and sea salt in a mortar and pound to combine. Add the garlic and pound to a paste. Add the chopped chilies and continue pounding.
Pour in the white wine vinegar, followed by the olive oil, and pound until combined.
This sauce is best used straight away and can be made as and when it’s needed. It will keep for up to 1 week if stored in an airtight container. When re-using, allow the sauce to come back to room temperature.
Combine the mince with the onion, ground coriander, sweet marjoram and egg. Season well and mix thoroughly with clean hands.
Make large egg size balls and throw from palm to palm to make nice firm balls. Then shape them onto metal shish skewers or into long sausage shapes and cook them either under the grill or over the BBQ until well done.
To make the Koftas, spread the center of the flat bread with a generous amount of hummus and then top with the cooked lamb kofta. Top with one or two tablespoons of Tzatziki and Quinoa Tabouli. Season with salt and pepper, then lashings of Harissa.
Fold over the bottom edge to stop all the ingredients from falling out of the bottom and then fold over one edge of the flat bread to encase the filling and continue to roll firmly.
Devour in haste!
*Recipe by celebrity chef Ben O’Donoghue as seen on popular cooking series Drive Thru Australia with Ben O’Donoghue. Image copyright Drive Thru Australia. Video copyright Channel Seven.
Rate this recipe
Watch Recipe Video
Scotch Fillet Spit Roast BBQ Recipe
Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes fan, Lionel Crack, shares his Beef Scotch Fillet Spit Roast BBQ Recipe.
Kangaroo and Quinoa Risotto BBQ Recipe
Chef, nutritionist & author, Zoe Bingley-Pullin, cooks a healthy & tasty Kangaroo Quinoa Risotto BBQ Recipe on highly rated TV show Good Chef Bad Chef.
Camp Oven Cooking Tips
Learn some tips on how to get the best out of your camp oven with Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes.
How to light a BBQ using a Heat Beads® BBQ Starter
Learn how to light a BBQ using the very handy Heat Beads® BBQ Starter.