Big Aussie Burger BBQ Recipe
Celebrity chef, author & restaurateur, Adrian Richardson, cooks his Big Aussie Burger BBQ recipe over Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes on highly rated TV show Good Chef Bad Chef.
Share this recipe
- 1 kg lean minced beef (can use diced beef and pop through mincer)
- 100g thick-cut rashers smoky bacon, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chilli, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- olive oil for grilling
- 6 good quality burger buns or ciabatta rolls, split in half
- 1 small lettuce, leaves separated
- caramelised onions
- 12 slices beetroot
- 12 slices tomato
- 12 rashers grilled bacon
- 6 fried eggs
- 6 slices tasty cheese
- tomato sauce or ketchup
Prepare your BBQ for the Direct method with medium-high heat.
To make burgers, combine all the ingredients, except for the oil, into a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to scrunch everything together so that the onion and flavourings are evenly distributed. Shape into 6 patties, making them as neat as you can, and about 2.5cm-3cm thick.
Brush each burger lightly with oil and arrange them on your BBQ.
Cook for 4 minutes and then turn them over. Continue to cook until they are done the way you like them. This will depend on the heat of the grill, the thickness of the burger and, of course, personal preference.
Serve everything in the middle of the table so your guests can build their own burgers, the way they like them.