Share this recipe
As seen on Season 4 of Good Chef Bad Chef
Watch the recipe video (above right).
- 1kg lean minced beef (can use diced beef and pop through mincer)
- 100gm thick-cut rashers smoky bacon, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chilli, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- olive oil for grilling
- 6 good quality burger buns or ciabatta rolls, split in half
- 1 small lettuce, leaves separated
- caramelised onions
- 12 slices beetroot
- 12 slices tomato
- 12 rashers grilled bacon
- 6 fried eggs
- 6 slices tasty cheese
- tomato or ketchup sauce
Pre heat your BBQ to medium-high.
To make burgers, combine all the ingredients, except for the oil, into a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to scrunch everything together so that the onion and flavourings are evenly distributed. Shape into 6 patties, making them as neat as you can, and about 2.5cm-3cm thick.
Brush each burger lightly with oil and arrange them on your BBQ.
Cook for 4 minutes and then turn them over. Continue to cook until they are done the way you like them. This will depend on the heat of the grill, the thickness of the burger and, of course, personal preference.
Serve everything in the middle of the table so your guests can build their own burgers, the way they like them.
Looking for more BBQ recipes from Good Chef Bad Chef? Visit Good Chef Bad Chef recipes.
*Recipe by celebrity chef Adrian Richardson as seen on popular cooking series Good Chef Bad Chef. Image copyright Good Chef Bad Chef & Channel TEN.
Watch Recipe Video
How to light a kettle BBQ with Heat Beads® Briquettes
Wondering how to light your kettle BBQ?
How to achieve the temperature you need?
The BBQ temperature is determined by the amount of Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes burning inside. Here are the quantities to follow…