Brown Rice Tempeh Nori Rolls BBQ Recipe
Celebrity chef, author & nutritionist, Janella Purcell, cooks healthy & tasty Brown Rice Tempeh Nori Rolls over Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes on highly rated TV show Good Chef Bad Chef.
Share this recipe
- Method: Direct
- ¼ block tempeh
- 1/3 cup tamari
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 Nori Sheets
- 2 cups cooked organic brown rice, short grain
- 1 tablespoon mirin (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced lengthways into eights
- ½ carrot, sliced lengthways
- 2 spring onions, sliced down the middle
- dipping sauce of ½ cup tamari and ½ teaspoon sesame oil
Marinate tempeh in tamari and sesame oil for at least 10 minutes. Cook on the BBQ until golden on both sides. Cool slightly then cut into 1cm strips.
Mix the mirin into the rice (if using) and stir. Using wet hands, press the rice evenly into the nori sheets. On top, lay some tempeh, then the avocado, cucumber, carrot and spring onion. You may need to dab some water on the edges of the nori sheets for it to hold together.
Serve with the dipping sauce.