Grilled Zucchini Salad Recipe
The world’s foremost BBQ identity, Steven Raichlen, shares his lip smacking Grilled Zucchini Salad recipe from his book, The Barbecue Bible.
Share this recipe
- Serves: 4
- Method: Direct
- 4 small or 3 medium size zucchini, scrubbed and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 large fresh mint leaves, silvered, or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper, or more to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cut the zucchini into ½ inch lengthwise slices. Brush each slice with olive oil (you’ll need about 1 tablespoon in all) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Set up the grill for direct grilling and preheat to high.
When ready to cook, brush and oil the grill grate. Arrange the zucchini slices on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until tender and well browned, 10 minutes in all. Transfer the zucchini to a cutting board to cool.
Cut each zucchini slice crosswise on the diagonal into ½ inch strips. Transfer the strips to a serving bowl and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and the mint, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, cumin and more white pepper and/or lemon juice as necessary; the salad should be highly seasoned. Serve at room temperature.