San Choi Bao BBQ Recipe
Celebrity chef, author & nutritionist, Janella Purcell, cooks a healthy & tasty San Choi Bao over Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes on highly rated TV show Good Chef Bad Chef.
Share this recipe
- Method: Direct
- 1 tablespoon olive or sunflower oil
- 2 spring onions, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon coriander stems, finely chopped
- 1 cup firm tofu, finely diced
- 1 cup green beans, finely chopped
- 1 corn cob, kernels removed
- 1–2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
Heat a wok then add the oil, onions, garlic, ginger and coriander stems. Quickly toss for 30 seconds.
Add the tofu until slightly changing colour, then toss in the beans and corn and stir. Now add the sauces and oil and cook again and let thicken a little.
Turn off the heat then add in the coriander leaves and bean sprouts.
Serve each one in a lettuce leaf.