Terry’s Aussie Lamb Roast BBQ Recipe
Terry McEvoy of Spithouse is a great friend and supporter of the Heat Beads® brand. Today he shares his very own Aussie Lamb Roast recipe with us.
Share this recipe
- ½ cup of worcestershire (I can’t say that)
- good size leg (The lambs… not yours… idiot!)
- a couple of sprigs of Aunty Rosemary
- a few teaspoons of crushed garlic
- a big lump of vegemite (Yes, I said bloody vegemite)
Light your spit as per instructions.
Cut a couple of pockets into the lamb.
Mull up some garlic and rosemary sprigs and shove the mix into the lambs pockets.
Trowel a heap of vegemite all over the leg of lamb.
Have a beer and a lie down.
Whack it on the spit for a couple of hours.
Squeeze some extra lemon on it while it’s cooking.
I chuck some rosemary sprigs on the coals as it cooks.
Let it sit for about 10 minutes before you carve.
It puts a red rose in every cheek… or a red nose on some!
Preparation time = 1 stubby (20 minutes).
Cooking time = 6 stubbies (2 hours… if you don’t get caught).