How to light a BBQ using a Heat Beads® BBQ Starter
Learn how to light a BBQ using the very handy Heat Beads® BBQ Starter.
Share this tip
For a fast and simple way to get your BBQ started use a Heat Beads® BBQ Starter.
- Watch the video (above right) or read the instructions below.
- Fill Heat Beads® BBQ Starter to the rim with Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes. Light 3 Heat Beads® Firelighters cubes then place the BBQ Starter directly over the firelighters.
- The Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes will ash over faster than normal by using the BBQ Starter, reaching the most effective temperature in approximately 30-40 minutes for a full chimney. Briquettes are ready to use once they are covered in a light coloured ash.
- Once Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes are fully ashed over, carefully pour the briquettes from the BBQ Starter onto the fire grill or into baskets/rails. For safety, always ensure you wear BBQ mitts.
- It is important that the Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes be poured into the BBQ as soon as they are ashed over. Leaving the ashes in the Heat Beads® BBQ Starter for prolonged periods will reduce the life of the device.
- Ready to BBQ? Check out our great selection of BBQ Recipes.
Watch Tip Video
How long will Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes stay hot?
In a covered kettle under normal cooking conditions, usable cooking heat (greater than 150 degrees °C) is available for more than four hours.
How to Choose Fresh Fruit and Vegetables
A good BBQ meal starts with the freshest ingredients. Learn how to properly select fruit and vegetables.