How to light a BBQ using a Heat Beads® BBQ Starter
Learn how to light a BBQ using the very handy Heat Beads® BBQ Starter.
Share this tip
For a fast and simple way to get your BBQ started use a Heat Beads® BBQ Starter.
- Watch the video (above right) or read the instructions below.
- Fill Heat Beads® BBQ Starter to the rim with Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes. Light 3 Heat Beads® Firelighters cubes then place the BBQ Starter directly over the firelighters.
- The Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes will ash over faster than normal by using the BBQ Starter, reaching the most effective temperature in approximately 30-40 minutes for a full chimney. Briquettes are ready to use once they are covered in a light coloured ash.
- Once Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes are fully ashed over, carefully pour the briquettes from the BBQ Starter onto the fire grill or into baskets/rails. For safety, always ensure you wear BBQ mitts.
- It is important that the Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes be poured into the BBQ as soon as they are ashed over. Leaving the ashes in the Heat Beads® BBQ Starter for prolonged periods will reduce the life of the device.
- Ready to BBQ? Check out our great selection of BBQ Recipes.
Watch Tip Video
If there are any Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes left in the BBQ when I have finished cooking, can I reuse them?
Yes, provided the kettle or other BBQ has vents that can be closed, to cut off the air supply and allow the briquettes to extinguish naturally.
How to achieve the temperature you need?
The BBQ temperature is determined by the amount of Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes burning inside. Here are the quantities to follow…