How to light a kettle BBQ with Heat Beads® Briquettes
Best way to light a kettle BBQ? It’s pretty straightforward. Watch our instructional video, or read on below.
Share this tip
Wondering how to light your kettle BBQ?
- Remove the cooking grill. Place 3 Heat Beads® Firelighters on each side of the BBQ unit. Ensure the vents are open and the lid is off.
- Fill baskets/rails until the briquettes are level with the top edge. No baskets? Then arrange approximately 2.5kg of Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes into a pyramid shape on top of three firelighters, and place a fourth firelighter cube on top. Light your firelighters and leave for 30-40 minutes. Do not disturb. Do not replace the lid yet.
- Briquettes are ready once they are covered in a light coloured ash.
- Indirect cooking – slide baskets to each side of the BBQ. Place a foil drip tray between the baskets/rails, replace the cooking grill and leave lid on while cooking.
- Direct cooking – if using baskets, after ash-over, position baskets side by side in the centre of the fire grill. If not using baskets, spread the briquettes out over the lower grate. You’re ready to start cooking!
- TO EXTINGUISH: Close all vents and leave the lid on. The briquettes can then be topped up and reused for your next BBQ.
Once the BBQ Briquettes are ready to go, so are you! Check out our delicious recipes and find your flavour inspiration.